QMC Group has been engaged by the Department of Transport and Main Roads to widen an existing boat ramp at Nerimbera. Works are to be completed to Main Roads standards and specifications and include installiation of 108 precast boat ramp planks.
The project includes working with tides and maintaining public use of the existing boat ramp facility.
- Widening of Existing 2 lane boat ramp to provide 4 lanes
- Lengthen the boat ramp by 2m to meet tide accessibility
- Clearing and Grubbing of vegetation.
- Demolition of existing ramp components and boat ramp signage
- Supply and installation of new boat ramp signage
- Excavate and trim existing surface, disposing of spoil, and treatment of PASS/ASS
- Supply and placement of Geotextile and GeoGrid
- Supply and place crushed rock (ramp core), including ungrouted rock shoulder
- Construct grouted rock shoulders
- Supply and place crushed rock for scour protection
- Supply and Install precast concrete planks – Type RG4000
- Supply and construction of T2.1 Pavement Material – Car Park Tie-In
- Undertake As-Constructed Drawings and Survey