Improving Infrastructure. Improving Communities.
Our Certificates & Prequalification’s
At QMC Group, our dedication to excellence is evident through our unwavering commitment to quality, safety, and environmental sustainability.
Our Integrated Management System (IMS) has proudly held third-party accreditation to ISO 9001 (Quality), 14001 (Environment), and 45001 (Safety) since 2009. This commitment aligns seamlessly with the QMC’s FOCUS Initiative, introduced on July 1, 2017, which permeates every facet of our company.
Striving for excellence is the backbone of our certification and prequalification success.
The FOCUS Initiative is at the heart of our ethos. It signifies complete dedication, genuine efforts, and meticulous attention to detail.
FOCUS embodies a twofold purpose:
- Client Commitment: FOCUS stands for FINISH, ORGANISE, COMMIT, UNDERSTAND, and SCRUTINISE. This acronym symbolizes our commitment to clients by ensuring the delivery of exceptional results in safety, environment, sustainability, and quality performance. Our robust IMS system forms the backbone, empowering us to achieve these aspirations.
- Personal Responsibility: FOCUS serves as a personal commitment for every member of the QMC family. It underlines our dedication to clear objectives, meticulous planning, organization, and ongoing monitoring to consistently elevate our performance.
We invite you to experience the QMC difference, where our projects speak to our certification and prequalification achievements.
Our Environmental Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility Objectives
The FOCUS Initiative – FAMILY, ONESELF, COMMUNITY, and US is a pledge to the wellbeing of our community and our future.
Our dedication to sustainability isn’t just about the present – it’s about securing a better tomorrow for generations to come. By setting new standards, embracing innovation, and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, we’re proactively looking for meaningful ways we can contribute to a more sustainable and equitable sector.
At QMC Group, we hold in high regard the rich cultural heritage and contributions of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our Management Team is driven by a sincere dedication to promoting economic, social, and cultural inclusivity, and we are proud of our ‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Involvement Policy’.
Our policy sets a clear vision of empowerment and actions that define our pledge.
We are committed to:
- Providing education, awareness, and meaningful opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals.
Target: 5% Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employee rate by 2025.
- Cultivating employment and business prospects that uplift Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Target: Endeavouring to meet a minimum 5% of project expenditure to Aboriginal and Torres Strait subcontractors and suppliers.
- Nurturing the growth of sustainable Aboriginal businesses by creating demand through procurement of goods, services, and construction.
Target: Actively seek training and networking collaborations with esteemed organizations like the NSW Indigenous Chamber of Commerce.
We recognise we have a shared responsibility to proactively identify meaningful ways that we can not only mitigate any negative impacts of our activities but ways in which we contribute to a greener, healthier planet and balanced community.
Our environmentally sustainable strategies encompass:
- Efficient Resource Management: We play an integral role in optimising resource usage and waste minimisation. At our Seven Hills Depot, site material is sorted and recycled wherever possible offering our clients positive environmental performance through their supply chain. We target landfill of less than 5%.
- Ecosystem Preservation: Recognising the interrelation of ecosystems, we methodically plan our projects to safeguard biodiversity. At the completion phase, our Landscaping Division is deployed to re-vegetate, ensuring that natural habitats and our community’s cherished green spaces thrive.
- Energy Efficiency: Our Logistics Teams mirror our dedication by considering environmental impacts and beyond our project sites. From innovative safety measures to sustainable initiatives, such as on-premises refuelling, recycled truck washes, and solar-powered depots, we strive to exceed expectations.
Our dedication to corporate social responsibility extends beyond regulatory compliance. We proactively seek ways to lead by example, demonstrating that ethical business practices is fundamental for good business and sustainable business growth.
Our commitment to preventing modern slavery in our supply chain aligns with our values of responsibility, sustainability, and human rights. By addressing these risks head-on, we aim to set a benchmark for ethical practices in the civil construction industry and contribute to positive change from the local to global level.
Lastly, the cornerstone of our ethos is our pledge to prevent workplace discrimination and actively create an opportunity where inclusivity, opportunity, and equality flourish.
As you explore our projects and initiatives, we invite you to join us in our journey in embracing diversity, celebrating cultural heritage, and striving for a brighter, more inclusive, and sustainable future.
Our Safety Commitment
At QMC Group safety isn’t just a priority – it’s a core value. We’re dedicated to preventing accidents, injuries, and harm within our workplace and projects. Our Zero Harm philosophy drives us to achieve a workplace with zero incidents, zero injuries, and zero accidents. Through robust safety management systems, proactive measures, and a culture of accountability, we aim to create an environment where safety is woven into every action and decision.
Empowering Change Through Collaboration
While we’re dedicated to our vision, we recognise that collective action yields amplified results. We collaborate with partners, stakeholders, and communities to promote safe work practices, and awareness. Through engagement, we foster a shared sense of responsibility for the safety and well-being of our people and those connected to the work we undertake.
Zero Harm is a principle that permeates every facet of our operations. From inception to completion, we integrate safety considerations into all our projects from the design through to delivery.
Our commitment to safety extends to all vehicles, under the ‘Heavy Vehicle National Law and its supporting Regulations. Upholding our ‘Chain of Responsibility (CoR) Policy’ is mandatory for all QMC Group employees, as well as external parties connected to our transport supply chain.
At QMC Group, safety and compliance are non-negotiable principles. Our pursuit of excellence in safety and heavy vehicle management reflects our unwavering responsibility to ensure that our business practices result in zero harm. This commitment extends to every QMC Group employee, subcontractor or supplier reinforcing our collective dedication to safety and compliance.
QMC Women in Civil
In July 2022, five years after first launching QMC’s FOCUS Initiative, we established QWIC – QMC’s Women in Civil committee.
The initiative promotes equality, skill, and opportunity for women who seek guidance in their civil construction career.
To support and increase the number of women involved in our projects and create interest for women considering a career in the civil industry. Together with our Senior Executive team, the committee has workshopped some great initiatives including:
- Continue to promote equal job opportunities across all roles in our business.
- Construct a project with at least 50% female participation.
- To inspire future generations by hosting a ‘Family Site Day’ with guest speakers to showcase our projects, our people, and opportunities.